You don't have to look very hard to find ways to learn more about animals - usually you only have to ask for the opportunity.
Volunteering at a veterinary clinic
Check your area for veterinary clinics that have volunteer opportunities.
- Most veterinarians will have volunteers starting around age 12-13.
- Volunteering is the best way to see and learn about different procedures that veterinarians do every day.
- It’s a great résumé builder.
- You’ll learn the lingo and gain hands-on experience.
Shadowing a vet
- If you’re local clinics don’t have a permanent volunteer opportunity, try shadowing a veterinarian for a day.
- Shadowing simply means to follow a veterinarian around and observe what they do.
Volunteering at a shelter
- Local shelters always need volunteers to walk dogs, clean kennels, or give baths.
- Check out this link for more information